Anyone else have a problem with the D600 photo/movie Live View selector?

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sandrift
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Anyone else have a problem with the D600 photo/movie Live View selector?
Dec 30, 2012

I just upgraded from a D300 to the D600 - I'm totally blown away by the image quality AND the ISO and WB performance.  I love it.  However, I seem to have a a defective Live View selector, and I thought I'd see if anyone else has run across or heard of this. I did a couple of searches online and didn't get any hits, so maybe I just got a one-off bum unit.  The S/N starts 3058XXX.

Basically, when I switch from photo LV to movie LV, none of the information in the LV window changes - there's no indication whatsoever that I've changed over to movie mode and the screen view doesn't include the overlays that are supposed to be there in movie mode (mic sensitivity, sound level, time remaining, etc.).  Furthermore, pressing the movie record button results in no discernible action.

I'm 99.9% sure this isn't operator error - I spent the better part of an hour checking my SD cards, changing lenses, changing shooting modes, resetting the camera to default settings, etc.  I even called the local camera shop to verify what should happen when I changed the selector.  The good news is that my online retailer is already shipping a replacement and sending me an RMA that includes the return shipping, so I'll only be without the camera for a day or two.

Anyway, I'm putting this out in case anyone else runs across a similar problem.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D300 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow