Veteran MemberPosts: 4,574Gear list
Like?
Re: Dust problem of Sony RX100
In reply to tbcass, Dec 30, 2012

tbcass wrote:

Robsphoto wrote:

Amateur Sony Shooter wrote:

On the minus side:

1) easy to get dust inside, especially if you put it inside your pocket (lint, etc.).

I'm wondering why it's easy to get dust inside? I have owned a Sony compact for years (T200), put it in my pocket without a case, used it at the beach, and never had a speck of dust get on to images (or inside the camera to my knowledge).

For a potential buyer, just how serious is this potential dust problem, are MOST RX100 owners likely to experience a dust problem before too long?

I believe there is very little chance of getting dust inside the camera. After 6 weeks of carrying my RX100 in my pocket every day there is no sign of any dust.

While there have been a couple RX100s that came from the factory with dirt inside I know of no posts claiming they got dust after the fact. There are just people unwilling to carry any camera in their pocket unprotected because it might happen.

Well, for the record, in the event anyone may be searching this issue - my RX100 which was safely carried in a small LowePro bag (never in a pocket) - developed a nasty dust spot on the sensor after being spotless for almost 5 months - easy to find the 'before dust' and 'after dust' images in my last import.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/akasrp/8311908229

Needless to say this has significantly dampened my enthusiasm for this marvelous little camera.

-- hide signature --

Too Much Gear - Too Litte Time!
http://picasaweb.google.com/akasrp

Stan Powers's gear list:Stan Powers's gear list
Olympus C-7000 Zoom Olympus C-2100 UZ Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D300S Olympus E-M1 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow