Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ezra R
Senior MemberPosts: 2,275Gear list
Like?
G15 - first image and comment
Dec 30, 2012

Whoa. I'm impressed - the G15 is a terrific camera - a snappy P&S that would make most people happy for life. Not because my new G15 can shoot like a Canon 1D Mark V, but because for $400, it performs just lovely with excellent color rendition and IQ. I've been on this forum for 10 years, and owned way too many digital cameras in that time (and film SLRs before that); there is always room for more improvement (eg., of course I would have preferred a larger sensor in this akin to Sony RX100), but all in all, this is superb.

Quick photo below - indoors with horrific lighting, but considering that things only get *way* better in natural light, I'm looking forward to giving this baby a whirl. The colors are spot on and the lens on the G series continues to be fantastic. OK - so the bokeh isnt creeeeeamy - big deal for quick grabs before bedtime.  More to come.

To all you new G owners - enjoy!!

Ezra R's gear list:Ezra R's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Canon EOS-1D Canon PowerShot G15 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow