Solution for MB-D10 AA battery problem

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Turbguy1
Contributing MemberPosts: 556Gear list
Like?
Re: Solution for MB-D10 AA battery problem
In reply to jcvjcvjcvjcv, Dec 30, 2012

I never checked the no-load voltage on my exhausted Ni-MH AA's, but based on my experience with the MAHA charger, I would say it's around 1.1 volts. The charger reports pushing 1900+ mAH back into exhausted cells, whose starting capacity (as measured by the charger) is 2100 mAH. I am using Sony Ni-MH batteries.

If there's just ONE bad cell in your sting of 8 cells, high internal resistance in that cell can cause the camera to shut down prematurely. Are you certain that all cells you use are "good"?

Also, I'm sure your aware that the camera draws a good chunk of current during capture operation, even more recharging the flash.  This draw will depress the cell voltage during use, and the voltage will recover to a higher voltage if allowed to rest.  I assume that camera measures voltage UNDER LOAD to report battery condition, as well as while "resting".

-- hide signature --
 Turbguy1's gear list:Turbguy1's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon D300 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow