Need some product lighting help...

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lawrence Keeney
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,009Gear list
Like?
Re: Need some product lighting help...
In reply to InspecterJones, Dec 30, 2012

I think you will find, when you look into photographing food further, that there is quite a steep learning curve. And the photographing of the food is less than half of the task. The styling of the food can be a more complex learning curve than the photography.

The lighting of food is not as simple as it may seem at first. There are a lot of details you have to learn.

I have a studio filled with lighting and light modifiers, and I also became interested in photographing food. I read everything I could get my hand on about food photography, and I did some food shots including photographing Mexican food for a restaurant menu I was designing. I learned there are hundreds of little details that must be considered.

After doing a number of food shoots, I decided this type of photography is not for me. I would really have to dedicate a lot of time and practice to get good at doing this type of work.

I wish you the best of luck with this project, and hope to see some of your images posted here.

-- hide signature --
 Lawrence Keeney's gear list:Lawrence Keeney's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow