People have been asking about bags, I just got one for my X-E1

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
JimMc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,877Gear list
Like?
Re: People have been asking about bags, I just got one for my X-E1
In reply to mutatron, Dec 30, 2012

mutatron wrote:

It's not even one of the bags the salesman showed me! It's a Thinktank Retrospective 5, shown here partly camouflaged as it hangs out on my similarly colored couch:

Thinktank Retrospective 5, in Pinestone

And here's where my cammy fits, as seen from my Lumix FZ-28 (I still love you, Panny! But not really, look at those ugly noise splotches at ISO 800):

Cammy with 18-55 fits snugly this way, resting atop a divider. Hanging on right shoulder, right hand opens bag, grabs cammy from grip side. Voila!

Inside there's enough room for at least two old K-mount lenses with adapter, a Takumar 135mm f/2.5 and a Deitz 35-70mm f/2.8-3.8. Not sure if I really need both of those. There are lots of pockets for lens cleaning equipment, a set of Polaroid close-up filters, quick release shoe, cable release, two extra batteries, and whatnot. There's also a little raincoat for the bag itself.

Inside the bag.

Probably could fit three or four Fujinon lenses in there, and something to snack on, instead of those big old full frame K-mount things.

The whole thing is nondescript, like the XE-1 itself, and it has some little flaps that prevent the hook and loop fasteners from hooking and looping, so you can open it without getting that sound every time. There's also a Steve Huff review on YouTube.

Nice bag, I use the exact same one. Highly recommended.

JimMc's gear list:JimMc's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow