Which camera and lens combination should I get?

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paperkayla
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Which camera and lens combination should I get?
Dec 30, 2012

I have been saving up for my first DSLR and I am having trouble deciding which brand and model camera to go with. I don't have experience with my own DSLR but my mom and friend have the Nikon D3100 and I have used theirs to some extent. I do more SLR photography though so I have photography experience and I want to get a fairly advanced DSLR to start out. I can't tell whether Canon or Nikon is better although I have been doing a lot of research. I like the Canon T4i or the Canon 60D from Canon and the Nikon D5100 from Nikon. My mom has several ridiculously expensive lenses for her Nikon which I would be able to use if I got a Nikon but I am leaning towards the Canon T4i... Also is the difference between the 18-55mm STM lens and the 18-135mm STM worth the extra money? I need some advice here hahah my prince range is probably 700-1,000 USD. I also know the Nikon D5200 will be coming out next month and it is a more equal camera to the Canon T4i so I man considering that one although I haven't read many reviews because it hasn't been released. Please help! I am so indecisive right now.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow