Spoke again with Nikon on the D600 oil/dust issue - A fix is on the way! Locked

Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
luka3rd
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Re: A text book answer... :)
In reply to J Mankila, Dec 29, 2012

J Mankila wrote:

Actually, it would be great to have the camera spot the spots and inform the user. Say, if consecutive shots at similar apertures have spots in the same place (there must be some clever mathematical tools to find them reliably), the camera notices the user and tells her where the spot is and that a cleaning is in order. Imagine having dozens or even hundreds of shots with the same dust spots because of one unlucky lens change in the morning. It is not funny.

Well, you do have Dust Ref Photo! Try it! (in the Nikon SLR's menu... find it).

And since I bought my D300 in Swiss... believe me too, they are not as reps in US! US customers are anyway returning too much of any equipment just for fun... maybe that's the reason? Any thoughts on that? No offence...

And remember the video from last PhotoKina (or some other show, correct me if I'm wrong), how Nikon representative was open and was telling unusual high level of details! Video was posted on this very site! Maybe it's Nikon's new strategy?

Many of you "not believers" anyway don't have D600, so don't worry...

-- hide signature --

Luka Koprivica
photographer

luka3rd's gear list:luka3rd's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D300 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
filmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow