Regular MemberPosts: 218
Like?
Re: Militia
In reply to aus4ever, Dec 29, 2012

aus4ever wrote:

Loachlover wrote:

Loachlover wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

Which of the two scenarios below is more likely to happen in the US?

1. A government chosen by its people, checked and balanced by constitution and legislation, has all of a sudden turn into a dictatorship.

2. Divisions of radical militia go violent, to try to use force to take over government.

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.
Freedom without discipline is chaos.

A nuclear strike from North Korea or Libya is a more likely scenario.

Both your scenarios are just not going to happen, so I can't decide which would be more likely but mine is certainly possible. I think Kim Jong-Un will try and make his mark on the world by throwing some nukes around - just not sure were they will go. South Korea, Japan, USA,Australia or any combination?? This guy is a serious nutjob just like the leaders in Iran.

As long as he is still sane, he would never dare to do that. Anyway that's off topic.
I do want to know why scenario 2 is unlikely. Certain militia groups are known to be radical and rebellious.

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.
Freedom without discipline is chaos.

Your talking about taking on the best trained, equipped killing machine in the world - they would be wiped of the planet almost instantly. Suicide !!!

And for scenario 1 even the President can not just do what he wants to do and any decisions have to pass through multiple layers of Government before being approved and applied. Politics is at a stalemate in the US because the polarised views of each party make it impossible to reach any concensus. Just look at what is happening about the fiscal cliff - nothing - Obama has been holidaying in Hawaii. Looks like a recession is looming large for them. Politicians can be Idiots at times.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
# 1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow