What happens when camera overexposes images shot on white seamless?

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
Forum ProPosts: 10,273Gear list
Like?
Re: What happens when camera overexposes images shot on white seamless?
In reply to 4lane, Dec 29, 2012

You are shooting RAW (right?), so the issues you are having are probably more to do with your raw converter than anything else.

WB is not an issue with raw.  Personally I set my camera to Daylight and leave it there.  I make any necessary adjustments in the raw converter.

Your Minolta meter, I presume, is a flash meter, so the meter is reading the incident light and not the reflected light.  So, assuming your flash meter is working properly, the exposure should be correct, or at least well within the ballpark.

Maybe you need additional light on the background.

I would try bracketing a few shots to see what works best.  But you should be able to get everything adjusted to where you want it.

I also do a test frame with a reference card in it. The one I have has black, white and 18% grey patches.  I also have a Macbeth color chart and an X-Rite passport.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +39 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow