Best selling mirrorless cameras in Japan for 2012

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,123Gear list
Like?
Re: Best selling mirrorless cameras in Japan for 2012
In reply to Thorgrem, Dec 29, 2012

Thorgrem wrote:

Thanks for sharing. That the Nikon J1 is on top is no surprise to me. In my country Nikon is advertising heavily for the Nikon 1 series. I don't know there marketing budget but compared tot Olympus and the camera division of Panasonic is must be huge. It's also heavily discounted as well to make good the slow start.

I agree that Nikon's name and advertising are largely responsible for the J1's top position.  The best selling models have all been heavily discounted, so that explanation isn't unique to Nikon.

But still more than 50% marketshare for m4/3 is a very good market position for m4/3. Who had thought that back in 2009? And all the major players are playing the mirror-less game now.

Since all of the mirrorless models made by Nikon, Pentax and Canon are in the top 20, I think most of the remaining 8.9% of the cameras sold were m4/3. Thus, m4/3 captured 55%-59% of the mirrorless market in Japan.

MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow