Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
InspecterJones
Forum MemberPosts: 70
Like?
Need some product lighting help...
Dec 29, 2012

I want to get started with some product photography or at the very least try it out to see how much I like it.

I just recently purchased a NEX-6 so that's pretty much my only equipment I currently have. I had a NEX-5n before that with a bunch of extras that I sold to get the 6.

I've read quite a number of various discussions here and other places but have ended up more confused then before.

I'd really just like a basic idea of what I should get, and what to avoid. I was originally just thinking of getting something along the lines of this┬ábut am not too sure now. Would a set like that be fine for a decent amount of time as I learn my skills or should I invest more money to get started. Is there anything inherently wrong with that light setup?

I would eventually like to start making money through doing food/product photography, would I just need to get much more heavy duty gear to make that happen?

One of the other things people mention a lot is how you're better off using strobe lighting, but I just have no clue where to get started.

Main issue I have is that every "kit" on BH is very expensive for even the cheapest ones.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow