Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
James Pilcher
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,678Gear list
Like?
my thoughts
In reply to Joelartino, Dec 29, 2012

Joelartino wrote:

James,

Thanks for your comments. I find myself too critical often of my photography and my too many cameras' abilities also. I limit the LX7 to 800 so far due to photos like the one of Nico, which looks pretty good on my 27" S-IPS monitor.

I can certainly take negative comments well, so what do you really think of the photo, too noisy, not sharp, just curious?

Hello Joel,

I looked at your photo closely. It is one of the best ISO 800+ photos I've seen from an LX7. I think it's sharp and any noise in the smooth areas is very well controlled and not at all obtrusive. I do not believe I've produced an ISO 800 color shot from my LX7 that looks as nice. One thing that I do when the shutter speed starts to drop: I instinctively reach for my Gitzo rather than raising the ISO setting. I should probably experiment with LX7 higher ISO some more.

As far as the composition goes, what can I say? It's a cat. Cats are cute. There is no such thing as a bad photo of a cat. Seriously.

Jim Pilcher

Bonita Springs, Florida, USA

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow