I am a PC - INTEL vs AMD? (100% for Video Editing/Rendering)

Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
kelpdiver
Senior MemberPosts: 1,899
Like?
Re: i7-3770 vs AMD FX8350
In reply to Barry Fitzgerald, Dec 29, 2012

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

There are lots of places to go to benchmarks, Tom's hardware is about the last place I'd look

It is correct to say the power consumption is higher on FX processors

Of course some folks are ok about buying products from a company that is unethical and tried to put their rival out of business I'll never buy an Intel processor and have built 100% AMD for over 10 years for builds.

Nobody has come back complaining.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_fx_8350_processor_review,13.html

well, of course, you only want to cite benchmarks that are positive.  But even with your guru cite - anyone looking at the other tabs sees that on quite a few , the 8350 trails even the 2 year old i5-2500k, and on anything related to memory or floating point, the delta to the i7-3770 is huge.  All to save 80$ on a minimum 600$ system build.

This is why AMD is suffering.

The AMD reps for Dell came to my company last week to pitch their upcoming server offering.  We wanted to know why we should continue to run our databases on AMD - 3 years ago, the magnys cours line came out quite well - the high core count is good for performance.  Unfortunately, it's lousy for oracle licensing fees, and intel has dramatically improved with the Xeon e5 line.   There were definitely awkward moment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow