Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Setter Dog
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,778
Like?
Question for SX50 owners,...Why?
Dec 29, 2012

I'm studying the various "Superzooms" to supplement my DSLRs for long range shooting in Teton and Yellowstone and also to use and my grandson's LL baseball games. I have pretty much narrowed my choices to the Panasonic FZ200 and the Canon SX50. The main differences, of course, are the constant F2.8 lens of the Pany and the 1200mm zoom of the Canon. Other differences, such as burst modes etc., are less prominent but still important. I like to learn all I can before I buy a new camera.

I doubt if I'm the only guy whose choice ever came down to the SX50 and FZ200. I wonder if those of you who chose the SX50 are happy with your choice. What influenced your decision, other than the obvious long zoom? Was it brand loyalty, IQ, Canon colors, build quality, or something else?

Oh, I have a Canon G15. If the SX50 stacked up to the G15 for image quality, I'd be thrilled!

Any observations or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jack

Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow