Started Dec 29, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jefferyanderson
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Is focus peaking absent on the NEX-5R?
Dec 29, 2012

I picked up an NEX-5R yesterday and I can't for the life of me get focus peaking to work. I've scoured the internet looking for answers, but everything comes back to the NEX-5 and NEX-5N... I can't find anything about how to use focus peaking with the 5R. Several reviews (including Steve Huff and Ken Rockwell) state that focus peaking is on the 5R, but ... I can't figure out how to make it work. I can get the magnifying feature to work for manual focusing but there are no colored highlights/outlines/zebra lines/marching ants... whatever. No dynamic overlay to indicate the area in focus.

Does anyone with a 5R know if this feature is present, and if so, how to get it to work?

For the record, I'm an engineer, I'm very good with computers/gadgets/electronics, I've shot with Canon DSLRs for years, and I don't consider myself an idiot (in case anyone is going to provide me with an "RTFM" answer).

I'm trying this with the kit lens (18-55mm), my Minolta Rokkor 40mm f/2 lens is showing up any day now and I'm hoping to have this sorted out before then so I can get straight to shooting.

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
NEX5R Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow