Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
carauction
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,549
Like?
Couple of G15 annoyances and pluses
Dec 29, 2012

Just received my G15 from B&H yesterday. Being that I really want to get good all around use of the camera, I decided to place it down in the living room so my wife could easily have it at hand to shoot the kids, dog, cat etc.(not necessarily in that order!). She is presently using the waterproof Canon PowerShot D20, which everyone adored over the summer in the pool. Now it has become the living room camera, so I figured I would replace it with the G15. The rest of time I will probably be using it shooting raw.

Decided to put the camera on Auto, as she would be using it. Also showed her 'P' mode, so she could have more control over the focus point. All Auto(ISO, WB, etc.)I took a few shots in average contrasty scenes with the on-board flash up. The whites were easily blown out. Changed metering between center weighted, matrix...little difference. Also made some minor flash & exposure compensation adjustments, still not too pleased. Could not bring back the highlights in CS3. The other thing is the color of the LCD screen is off, showing much more orange than reality when downloading.

On the plus side is great AF speed and accuracy....extremely pleased. And above all, I really like the color accuracy. Always liked Canon color accuracy over Nikon's. The build quality of the camera is simply superb.

Gonna weigh things out...we'll see. Wondering if Canon will be addressing these issues shortly with a firmware update....guess it is worth a phone call.

Mike

Canon PowerShot D20 Canon PowerShot G15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow