Image theft and avoiding it.

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
dmartin92
Senior MemberPosts: 1,492Gear list
Like?
Re: be realistic
In reply to Leigh A. Wax, Dec 29, 2012
Store your Name, & Copyright info. on your camera.

That way the image file's EXIF stores that info with the image, and is undisputable proof that the image is in fact yours.

I would guess that one could find an "EXIF editor" software program that could change the EXIF data. Or even just a "screen capture" program that would make a copy of the image from the screen.

But just "disputes", in general, they are something one wants to avoid. Because the people you will be arguing with, they could be on the other side of the planet. Even within your own country, it can be a giant headache, for very little monetary compensation. In fact, more likely, almost certainly, none.

For myself, I just plan on the stuff getting stolen, and use that as my starting point. Because I don't even want to think about trying to get some sort of justice against someone so far away.

But that's just me. There are other strategies, I guess.

dmartin92's gear list:dmartin92's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow