D600 Filename Sequence (and camera observations)

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wdperkins
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
D600 Filename Sequence (and camera observations)
Dec 29, 2012

My D600 kit arrived a few weeks ago, and I just noticed that the filename sequence is in the upper 3,000s.  Looking back, my first picture was 3,687.  Is there a more optimistic explanation than the one I am suspicious of?

While I am here, my short term observations:

Good/Other:

• VERY high quality pictures with noticeable ISO and detail improvement over my D700 and D300s!  That's why I got it.  Low light wrestling pictures and limited focal length football pictures should both be improved.
  • size and shape generally just fine
  • U1 & U2
  • Auto ISO is improved and now usable for me
  • some control placement differences from previous cameras but perhaps more logical and I am getting used to them
  • no 10 pin connecter, but I understand I can get a new inexpensive IR trigger
  • my only project with the flash sync port was a failure so I don't miss it
  • I haven't noticed any dust

Disappointments:

• I really miss my AF-on button, the reassigned AE-L button is OK but doesn't fall directly under my thumb
  • I really miss the larger AF spread, I find myself having to focus and recompose almost all the time
  • the Flash EV button is combined with the flash pop-up button so with external flash (on or off body) the camera flash pops up when changing EV
  • with raw files the Auto WB seems warmer than previous cameras, I could often use the camera WB as imported into lighroom, but now I seem to be making more adjustments
  • lower sync speed might be an issue outdoors

BP

Nikon D300S Nikon D600 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow