OM-D is Thom Hogans serious cam of year

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,386Gear list
Like?
Re: So, if you shoot raw and serious video... GH3?
In reply to rrr_hhh, Dec 29, 2012

rrr_hhh wrote:

Henry Richardson wrote:

Lawrence Becker wrote:

I think that's what I get from this, at least from a mirror less point of view.

What would steer me away from the OM-D is the ergonomics and lack of in-camera lens correction on non-Olympus lenses.

I may be wrong, but I think that Olympus corrects for distortion and shading with Panasonic lenses, but not CA. Is that incorrect?

No this is correct : Olympus corrects distortion for all lenses coming with that info, including Panasonic lenses, and vignetting if you enable the shading compensation option. It doesn't correct CA however, which you can easily correct in post processing.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

According to the tests I reported here

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/42302910

the E-M5 does not support shading compensation with Pany lenses. Don't know if the same is true or not with respect to other Oly bodies. Furthermore, I haven't checked whether anything has changed in this regard with later FW releases. My tests were with FW 1.1.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow