Lightroom weird cloning issue

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
richardplondon
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,366Gear list
Like?
Re: Not the way
In reply to JulesJ, Dec 29, 2012

I am abroad at the moment on my iPad so can't try LR, but can you not harden the brush using the shortcut ( square bracket)? Having said that, I rarely use the cloning tool in LR as it is so difficult compared to using it in PS.

No, there is no brush hardness control for this, because it is not a brush. There's only circle size, general opacity, and whether your spot-fix is by means of a "clone" or a "heal". "Heal" in particular relies on a transitioned effect toward the outside of the circle - neither option could usefully operate in a very hard-edged way, for the intended purpose. However a small circle gives a "tighter" effect than a large circle does.

In fact, to talk of this LR feature as a cloning tool within the normal sense of that, is a bit of a misnomer IMO. Cloning proper includes the ability to alter the subject content substantively; which is outside LR's basic remit.

RP

richardplondon's gear list:richardplondon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow