DC Alford MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,113Gear list
Like?
Re: Just some more Kodak colors....
In reply to Blackbear, Dec 29, 2012

Blackbear wrote:

DC Alford wrote:

Blackbear wrote:

Some very nice real Kodak pictures, Dan. Well done!

Panasonic with Kodak Color Science and Kodak AWB is an interesting and very tempting thought.

For instance the FZ200 with KCS/AWB would make a very interesting camera. Thus far Panasonic has made some very good camera's, only their colour was not my cup of tea!

-- hide signature --

Mart
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, does not go away.
Kodak DX7590, Z980, P880, C875, P850, M583, P712
( Lumix TZ5, my wife)

Thanks Mart!

It would be awesome...I could imagine something like this: "The new Panasonic FZ250 Eastman, Hardware by Panasonic, Color Science by Kodak"

I would buy one right now.

I admit I do love my Panny LX7 too though, just not for the same reasons I love my old C875 & vice versa.

Dan.

Dan,

hopefully the Kodak knowledge submerges in Panny DC's, rather than Fuji or some other manufacturer. Being a film mfg as Kodak was, Fuji does colour rather well. But IMHO Panny vs Fuji Panny has the better cards as far as building camera's is concerned. Pity Fuji's X-S1 failed, but I would like to see a similar camera from Panny with Kodak Color Science.

We'll have to wait and see..............

Dan, I hope you and yours have a happy New Year!!

-- hide signature --

Mart
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, does not go away.
Kodak DX7590, Z980, P880, C875, P850, M583, P712
( Lumix TZ5, my wife)

I agree on all points Mart.

It's all just speculation but maybe Panny will transition to a 1" sensored LX series, & then the 1/1.7" sensor moves to the FZ series? At least maybe for a "flagship" FZ mode? That could be the replacement for the FZ50 so many people have been waiting for.

I love Fuji color too but I agree that the QC on the XS-1 & the X10 was spotty. The thing that gives me hope for Fuji is that these "X" cameras were all first generation models(almost like Fuji decided to have the majority of their testing done by the consumer)& these problems will be worked out in the next generation.

Panasonic's LX & FZ series on the other hand are long established lines of cameras and are much more refined at this point, & the lenses.....best in their class at this time imho.

Happy New Year!

Dan.

DC Alford's gear list:DC Alford's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD950 IS Nikon Coolpix P3 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow