ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DAVID MANZE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,823Gear list
Like?
Integrate a UV filter into your DA 21mm 3.2 LTD
Dec 29, 2012

Prototype until I find a coated UV filter

Super happy with my replaced DA21mm 3.2 Ltd lens from Pentax (they tried to repair it and their lens testing jig refused to work so they kindly sent me an almost new copy FOC and it's spot on) It's a lovely lens, but one of it's shortfalls is that you cannot use a UV filter and a lens-hood at the same time.  So I decided to try to fit a filter in the lens-hood itself, I found an old 46mm skylight filter and measured the glass diameter,42.7mm, but the lens-hood needed a 42mm glass to fit neatly inside,out came the flat diamond file and lubricated with water I took off the offending 0.7mm and it slipped into the lens-hood nicely,four spots of superglue and it was good to go.

It's only a temporary job until I can find a decent coated UV filter, preferably a (45mm filter to save the hassle of diamond files and the risk of scratched coatings. I put a few drops of water on the filter so it's visible.

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +14 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow