ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
imqqmi
imqqmi MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,450Gear list
Like?
*** Mini-Challenge 350 - Winners!!! ***
Dec 29, 2012

Thank you all for your excellent entries! I had a good old challenge to pick the winners.

The number 350 is also the number that started my journey into digital photography over 6 years ago: I had a Canon 350D. Long since sold but it was an excellent camera that's probably still taking pictures

Without further ado, here are the HMs:

WSteve
I like the way the flame ghosts as a holy spirit and the type is very fitting:

Momotarau
Cats are familiy members too, not having a clue what x-mas is all about I'm sure Nice warm tones:

Marble

Jacek
Love the way the lights surrounds the subject. Very creative shot! Excellent use of shallow depth of field!

Karl Mohr
Love the x-mas tree and star burst effect!

I've always wondered what life is like in a tea pot and now I know I like the eerie red glow. I do wonder if there's another familiy enjoying tea in the tiny tea pot the bear is holding..

Dave Throgmartin
Nice warm tones and a world inside a x-mas bulb shows a good atmosphere

Duggo
You say it's hot where you live, and the image tells the same story with the warm tones! There's not much snow here either

AmosF

The 'coolest' ball shot of them all, an almost neutral WB All the colors come out, especially the blues en reds. Well done shot at 1/6ss handheld!

Oilman
A lovely scene build on scale, that must've taken a lot of time and skill to put together!

CPNock

a sweet shot Lots of nice colors, unorderly ordered, I like it!

Lewynn

The aftermath of a x-mas carnage LOL! The toy dog seems to think 'don't throw me out with the torn paper!'.

AvyMan

That's my cup of tea entirely, excellent way to deal with the cold there Nick!

Third place goes to

L.Cline
That's a very nice tradition! A tree so stuffed with ornaments you don't see the tree anymore Excellent story of passing on tradition to the next generation and including the youngest in the festivities. 3rd place!

Second place goes to

Dave Vichich
Absolutlely fun stuff! It almost looks like an UWA shot where the dogs head hides the body, seems to hang in the air. The dog seems to pose and smile for you too LOL! I award this shot 2nd place!

First place goes to

Zigi_S

A nice wrapped chocolate santa with bokeh disks used as an excellent background. The wrap is shiny but you held the highlights in check. Excellent understanding of photography and showing us your take about the festivities It's over to you ziggi, the next challenge is your to host!

imqqmi's gear list:imqqmi's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +2 more
Canon EOS 350D (EOS Digital Rebel XT / EOS Kiss Digital N)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow