herebefore
Senior MemberPosts: 3,296
Like?
Re: Used Olympus DSLR or Refurb Olympus DSLR and shutter counts
In reply to aspire, Dec 29, 2012

aspire wrote:

Hi Folks

Please tell me which is important factors for getting a used Olympus E3 or E5

consider a Olympus DSLR shutter counts? a Used set or refurb set ?

Any folks know how many shutter counts will need to replace to shutter circuit.

Thanks

Olympus top tier DSLRs come from the factory with an "Expected" shutter life of at least 150,000 clicks. (E-1/3/5/30) Some have had early failures, but it hasn't been common apparently. Some have well exceeded 150,000.

Olympus "normal" DSLRs come from the factory with an "Expected" shutter life of 50,000 clicks. (E-300/500/400/330/410/510/520/620) Some have had early failures, but it hasn't been common apparently. Some have exceeded the 50,000 expectation.

I have purchased refurbs (E-620/E-1/E-330) from Cameta. 2 of them were E-620s from Cameta, which came "out of the box" with less than 120 clicks.

When these two cameras reached 50K clicks (without problems) I sent them to Olympus for "refurbishment". Neither camera had exhibited ANY problems.

Olympus charged $150 plus shipping for each camera (this was quite a while ago, and I have no idea what they would charge now for the service, or if they would even do it).  Both came back with new shutter mechanism.  Both are still going strong @ about 20k clicks each.

I would not hesitate to buy another refurbished camera from Cameta.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Be Careful, sleep can be a symptom of caffeine deprivation
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow