Nikon D7000 Skin Tones Problem | Fuji S5 Comparison

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
bimmerman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,373
Like?
I found a solution!
In reply to masters86, Dec 29, 2012

I had problems with skin tones with my D7000 too. Faces come out too pink and sometimes with no apparent reason, totally washed out. Ok, alright, I mostly use matrix metering and that may be the problem but if Nikon claims the Matrix metering in the D7000 is so advanced it sees colour, knows subject distance even compares your scenes against it's in built database of thousands of scenes to arrive at the best exposure everytime, well, why not use matrix? Unless of course Nikon's matrix is cr@p. Which it pretty much is and so is i-TTL.

Right about now, if anyone is offended that I called Nikon's super duper Matrix and i-TTL cr@p, I apologise to you and please read no further.

If you would like to know how I got perfect exposures and skin tones right out of the box, read on...

Ok, about a year ago another camera maker started making headlines with their new camera and I got curious so I decided to buy one to check it out. Well, long story short, all the pains I faced with the D7000 were immediately addressed! Right out of the box!! A week later I sold the D7000 and 17-55/2.8.

What camera made me dump the D7000? Well, it's called the OM-D (E-M5)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow