Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DeepBlue2
Regular MemberPosts: 186Gear list
Like?
Zoom Rotation Direction - Panny vs Oly
Dec 29, 2012

Ok, so I got the OM-D for Christmas with the 14-42 and 40-150.  Love the camera and the lenses, but the zoom rotation direction is opposite from Nikon.  That is, you turn the barrel in the opposite direction to increase/decrease the focal length.  This is mildly annoying, but I figured I'd get used to it with time.  It may take a while to overcome decades of habit, but so be it.

Now, I get the Panasonic 12-35 and I see that it uses the same rotation direction as Nikon.  What?  There is no standard on this for m43?  Is Olympus the only company that makes zoom lenses that rotate this way?

I think this will drive me crazy in time.  I may stick with Panasonic zooms just for this reason.  I did a quick search using the terms "zoom rotation" and didn't see any threads about this.  Am I the only one that finds this lack of standardization odd?

-- hide signature --

Mike
Tampa, FL

DeepBlue2's gear list:DeepBlue2's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D200 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +21 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow