Started Dec 29, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PCR Photos
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Acceptable 'auto' settings to use for multiple photos
Dec 29, 2012

Hi, recently purchased a Fujifilm F550EXR, and I am looking for the best automatic setting to use to capture a majority of clear shots.

My job is to provide property condition reports for houses, together with photos of the inside and outside, usually 200 - 300 photos per property, which means 2000 to 3000 photos per week.

Photos taken include wide shots (lounge, kitchen, bedroom), medium shots (cupboards, sinks, vanity basins, light fittings), and close ups (toilets, ovens, inside drawers, inside cupboards, power points, carpet). The closeups are usually taken to show dirt, scratches, stains etc. Outside shots include the house, front door, lawns & gardens, meter boxes, pavers, fences etc.

The object here is to show proof of the condition of a property before a tenant moves in, and this is compared to its condition when the tenant moves out.

All photos need to be loaded onto one disk, so I am limited to 4:3 medium normal or 4:3 small fine.

Impossible to manually change settings after each shot, so I have experimented with various settings and the one that seems to give the best shots overall is aperture mode.

Settings are F 3.5, Auto to 800 ISO, DR 400%, AF centre, AE Bkt +-1/3, 4:3 Medium, normal.

I have also set up EXR DR much the same, but with Auto 1600 ISO and dynamic range auto, in case some of the aperture ones come out a little dark.

Wondering if anyone has any comments on the settings I am using, or perhaps can suggest some other alternatives.

What I am looking for is very clear shots, taken in varying light conditions

One day I will find the time to experiment further

Many thanks for any suggestions you can give

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow