Would you buy a used E-5 if return is not accepted?

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,678Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you buy a used E-5 if return is not accepted?
In reply to BigBen08, Dec 29, 2012

A bit of a mixed bag of answers here.

However, as a statement, it's not really a true one anyway. If the item isn't as described, then you will be able to return it - even if you have to go through a claim cycle.

Obviously there's no warranty, and I take the statement to mean no returns if it looks a bit grubbier than expected, or you're not happy with a few usage marks, or it goes wrong a few weeks after buying it.

If it's listed as mint condition, for example, and turns up marked and damaged, then you have a case for return regardless of what the seller puts in the listing, as they've misrepresented the item.

Having said that, I managed to claim for a really badly represented E-1 some while back which went in my favour, but eBay screwed up and never sent me the return labelling I needed, and I ended up having the claim expire. In the end I resold the kit with an honest description, and just about recovered my losses.

Since then, I've bought other stuff, but I'm now finding that reputable stores have second hand cameras in stock for prices that compare with what is available on eBay, and come with a warranty. My E-420 was from CEX online (in the UK of course), and came with only 160 shutter actuations for £120. They're selling for more than that on eBay. LCE are another good one over here too, and I've got bodies and lenses off them, all for better prices than on eBay.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using Olympus E-420 and Apple Mac Mini '09.

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow