Foveon X3 - resolution, DPI, interpolation, comparision with Bayer resolution - by Laurence Matson

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,024Gear list
Like?
Re: Stranger by far the obsession with the obsessed
In reply to Kendall Helmstetter Gelner, Dec 29, 2012

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

carlos roncatti wrote:

Its strange and inexplicable this obsession on proving that foveon is better than everything that ever appeared on photography.

No-one here has ever done that except in response to someone posting a missive about how the Foveon sensor is far worse than any bayer camera that exists.

And in fact no Foveon proponent has ever claimed that the technology is better in every way than anything existing.

None of these two are true in this forum. But that said, I did like the Laurence summary (as posted in the OP).

Even the main post in this thread is simply noting for general consumption details taken from a response in another thread.

The real question at large is if someone dislikes the Foveon technology, why would they hang around here for a decade dismissing and bashing it?

THAT is mysterious obsession, far more than someone simply liking a technology because they enjoy the results. How much stranger to hang around others that like something and try to convince them they should not?

Perhaps you also hang around movie theaters looking for happy couples leaving a film, and ambush them with talk about plot inconsistencies. It would seem to be the same MO.

I think the so called mysterious obsession you talk about is relative. Sure, there are a few bashers, but there are others who just want to put a real life context to it and that is considered, in this forum, bashing by several key members.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow