Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
rjx
rjx
Contributing MemberPosts: 876Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 Good for Landscapes?
In reply to Pedro Freitas, Dec 29, 2012

Pedro Freitas wrote:

I have sold my Canon 40D and all my canon gear. I stopped using it because it was to big to carry everyday, and lost the love i had in shooting with my previous cameras. So i am planning to buy a X100 or it's replacing camera (X100s?) because i love this camera and the retro style and the IQ is amazing.

So my question is: 35mm is wide/good enough to shoot the city including people, beaches, monuments and events? or should i go to the X-E1 or X-Pro to have more versatility in FL ?

Thanks for the comments and Happy New Year to all.

I to sold my Canon 40D and lenses. I wanted and still want the X100 or replacement. But I didn't think the X100 could be my main camera, and I didn't have enough funds to purchase two different cameras. So I purchased the X-PRO1.

Anyways, yes, the X100 can be great for landscapes and all the other genres you mentioned. But that depends on your taste, and the scene. There might be times a 35mm equivalent is too long, or too wide. So the flexibility of an interchangeable lens camera might be preferred.

What lenses did you use on your 40D? You could use that experience to determine what would work best for you. Nobody knows your photographic style and preferences better than you.

rjx's gear list:rjx's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow