Corrupted memory card. Advice needed.

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
Forum ProPosts: 10,273Gear list
Like?
Re: Corrupted memory card. Advice needed.
In reply to Megadark, Dec 29, 2012

Assuming you have not allowed any write operations on the memory card, you should be able to do a complete recovery.

However, to do so, you will need to use a real data recovery program, not one that that claims to recover just photos.  A real data recovery program will dig much deeper than a photo recovery program, and will not care what the data is.

I use Easeus Data Recovery for such jobs and have had excellent success on those occasions I have needed it.  Your files were not deleted, as such, so you would probably need to do a Partition Recovery.

Of course, it is also possible that whatever went wrong did write something to your memory card and so scramble some data.

I would perhaps suggest not to use the playmemories program to transfer your photos to the computer, but instead use a card reader and windows explorer to COPY the files to the destination of your choice.

Good luck.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +40 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow