Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
YRUNVS
Regular MemberPosts: 242Gear list
Like?
A few snap shots with the Tamron 17-35 f/2.8-4
Dec 29, 2012

I just received a used Tamron 17-35 f/2.8-4 which I ordered. I've taken a few snap shots and generally am pleased with it. I know it is not a stand out lens in any category, but I think it does represent a good value when purchased used. After my wallet recovers from the holidays, I am intending to get the Sigma 35 1.4 so that will compliment this lens and the kit lens. One take away is that 17mm isn't as freaky wide as I imagined. I may get the samyang 14mm at some point if the desire for wider persists.

Cheers,

Diallo

Edit: I know I am doing the lens no favors stopping down past the point of diffraction, but as mentioned these are throw away shots.

Worst case scenario for corner softness, distortion and vignetting. Will def need to take care with 17mm shots wide open I am intending to keep. I haven't run it through LR b/c I am out of town at the moment.

YRUNVS's gear list:YRUNVS's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow