Digitalshooter2
Regular MemberPosts: 465
Like?
Re: RRS or Markins L-Plate ?
In reply to akustykmagmanetpl, Dec 28, 2012

akustykmagmanetpl wrote:

Alberto Tanikawa wrote:

They should all be Arca Swiss compatible,

this is true but it only means that the rail and clamp fit each other. unfortunately, different producers use different designs, especially when it comes to lock/protection systems and there can be some issues/inconveniences/problems when mixing certain hardware. see:

http://www.afximages.com/stuff/arca-plates-xref.html

for examples of some known/tested combination.

I myself have Sirui and Benro ballheads, Kirk L-bracket and Benro/Sirui plates. all of those are Arca-Swiss compatible, but because of the bloody "safety pin" thing of Sirui, there are minor problems, i.e. to use Benro plates (which I very much like) I had to remove safety screws. and Kirk's L-bracket has tripod mount grove right where the ballhead base has the pin which means that for horizontal photos L-bracket has to be inserted into rail rather than slid into, otherwise lens and ballhead are not aligned properly. minor issue, but with Benro ballhead this is not present.

anyway, for all combination clamp/plate of RRS and Marking the chart above indicates no problem...

Thank you for the chart. It puts my fears to rest. My wife just called and told me that UPS just delivered the Markins ballhead. Woo Hoo! I will heading home shortly to play with my new toy

-- hide signature --

2ShootDigital

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow