D3100 sees modern windmills..... C&C please....

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
capturef22
Senior MemberPosts: 2,253
Like?
Re: D3100 sees modern windmills..... C&C please....
In reply to PrasadIndi, Dec 28, 2012

Hi PrasadIndi. I've tried shooting these monstrosities too and in all honesty, I've had a hard time seeing the results as anything too inspirational. I think your first image shows the scale / size of them, but that's about it. I haven't tried this but maybe trying a little slower shutter speed and catching the blade as they revolve would help add interest, but in my opinion, it needs something more to make it a compelling image. (Alternatively, catching the shrubs below being blown by a stiff wind might add a little more dimension to the image.)

I can't say I'm crazy about the second one (sorry), mainly because almost nothing is in focus. Of course, my eye goes to the yellow flower but it is soft and there are several distracting plant parts vying for my attention. I think the image could be improved by having pulled a few of those other plants before you took the shot and having the flower in better focus.

Remember, this is just my opinion, but I hope it's the kind of input you were looking for.

Thanks for posting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow