Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
capturef22
Senior MemberPosts: 2,525
Like?
Short stop: Wappingers Falls, NY
Dec 28, 2012

I was traveling back from southern New England on 12/14 and had come through the interstate near where the tragedy happened in CT only a couple hours earlier that day (I didn't know that until turning the radio on after having been passed by police vehicles and a black unmarked SUV, all with lights and sirens going).

From that point on, things seemed somewhat surreal. I'll skip all that for now to say that a few hours after that, I took a late-afternoon break in Wappingers Falls. This was my first visit to that area and I didn't have a lot of time. After parking in the old downtown area and getting my gear, I looked across the street and realized that the old Diner was coming down. In fact, it looked like it could be within the next few minutes.

A resident told me that even though the streamflow was a trickle that day, in the spring it's a raging torrent. He lives in one of the streamside residences and said the whole building shakes at those times.

In the limited time I had, I found what I thought were a few other interesting scenes.

C & C welcome; thanks for looking.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow