tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, any catch ?
Thanks so much man for the info. Happy Holidays.
matt granger thatnikonguy has quite a few new videos on the tamron 70-200 vc.
here's a few
he also has tests for focus breathing, etc.
overall, he's impressed.
I was going to get the Tamron, but it's not available yet here in the US so for me it's the 70-200 f4 nikkor.
The nikkor is:
1. cost $100 less (yes, excluding the tripod ring, cost more if tripod ring included)
2. focuses much closer (1m vs 1.5m)
3. (higher reproduction ratio 1:3.2 vs 1:8) and has less focus breathing
4. much, much lighter
5. has a focus limiter switch
6. supposedly next-gen VR 5 stops
The Tamron is:
2. comes with tripod ring
3. next-gen VC 4 stops
From what i've seen, IQ from both lenses are quite good.