ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WAGeo
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
7D Ruggedness
Dec 28, 2012

Hi,

I am a long time Nikon fan. I used the D300 to great effect for landscape and outdoor photography. I sold it to fund college. Now on the verge of graduation I wan to reinvest no more than $2000.

I am unimpressed with the new Nikons as they seem to trade the high MP count and other bells and whistles for ruggedness.

I Played with a 7D at a local store and came away quite impressed. Several thing were told to me and I am curious as to you folks opinions and results.

IS the battery like ~900 shots!?

IS it weather sealed?

I should state I am a geologist and may spend up to 6 weeks in the field. While I will have charging capabilities I'd prefer to be able to get along with just 2 batteries.

Looks like it is bundled with a 28-85 or something that has a "macro". This is a good thing for me.

I swear I am not a troll! Used to kick the hornets nest back in the day  but I am really here to determine if this is the best bet for me. I see DXO mark rates it below the D300s but not by much.

I just need a solid dependable camera thta will be a tool not an object of worship.

Thanks up front,

BTW Nikon has guys like Thom Hogan. Are there any Canon fellas like this that really break it down for the gear head in me?

WAGeo

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D300 Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow