ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gusmur
Contributing MemberPosts: 541Gear list
Like?
X100, my set up...
Dec 28, 2012

Hi,

Delighted to receive an X100 for Xmas and am having a blast here in L.A. over the holidays learning what works for me. Perhaps this may help you too. I will post photos on my return to Toronto in early January. Truly, I have never had this much fun shooting with any of my previous cameras.

OVF to show only histogam - a beautiful, amazingly clear bright view, uncluttered thus allowing full attention to composition - same for EVF/LCD. I only use the OVF - what a pure delight!! Well, occasionaly used the EVF for critical focusing with the focus spot preset at minimum size.

Provia with colour and sharpening set to medium high/hard - all else at standard.

Asia and Velvia both too contrasty and blocking up the shadows.

Fn button set to ND filter - used this a ton at the beach in Santa Monica to allow shooting near wide open or full wide.

Amazing, to pop the flash, set at -1/3, for a subtle fill in bright sunlight with back lit subjects.

Can you tell I love this little beauty?

Best,

Angus

-- hide signature --
 Gusmur's gear list:Gusmur's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow