16/24/50 mm or 16/35/50 mm?

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
kage
Senior MemberPosts: 1,465
Like?
Re: 16/24/50 mm or 16/35/50 mm?
In reply to iamDinesh, Dec 28, 2012

iamDinesh wrote:

Take SEL18-200 for overall day photography which will save you from changing lenses. For low-light or portraits take SEL50 with you.

I would tend to agree with this.  The 18-200 is a great, versatile lens so it would be the first lens I would stick in my bag for travel.  I would then look to fill out my bag from there.

If I was going super minimal I would add just the 35 f1.8 (general walk around and low light) to the 18-200 and call it a day.

If I was going to an event like a wedding I might throw in the 50 f1.8 as I'd probably be doing more portraits (in addition to the low light).

If I was doing some urban exploration or anything else where I was wanting to take wider architectural or landscape shots I'd probably stick the 10-18 into the bag instead of the 50.

Wait, what about the 24Z?  That's what I use the most right now as an everyday walk around (aside from the 18-200 and 50), and I absolutely love it... but I also find myself missing OSS as I often find myself in dimly lit situations.  If I can keep the shutter fast enough, I love using it.

The 18-200 and 35 would always be in my bag though.

- k

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow