Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aidan obsidian
Regular MemberPosts: 252
Like?
Fisheye fun (16mm zenitar)
Dec 28, 2012

Hope everyone had a great christmas/hanukah/kwanzaa or any other celebration and I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures that should come flooding in with new lenses and cameras : ).
I picked up the 16mm 2.8 zenitar fisheye and finally have a true wide angle on aps-c other than the kit lens.
First impressions are that it can be extremely sharp even wide open (but not at as sharp at MFD as infinity wide open), the distortion can be minimized or accentuated and in a lot of situations it isnt too pronounced. Build quality seems to be great so far, is solid and substantial but not too heavy and has nice balance on my Kx.

It hasn't come off my camera these last few days and have really been loving the results. A lot of areas that I have went to before couldn't be captured without stitching before, so it's like seeing them all again with new eyes.

Would 100% recommend this lens to anyone on a budget looking for a fisheye or wide angle. 
Here are some shots from the first couple of days:

first time having any snow more than 1cm in 2 years.

the colours are great too

Heading out now to test it on film : D

Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow