Started Dec 28, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tomjar
Regular MemberPosts: 468
Like?
P7700 - strange noise/sound
Dec 28, 2012

Yesterday I was trying different settings on my P7700. It was very quiet and I became immediately aware of a very low buzzing sound coming from the camera. It was barely audible, I almost had to put my ear to the camera to perceive it. This noise is present all the time when the camera is switched on and in shooting mode. But it disappears when I switch to review mode or when the camera goes into stand-by (and when it is switched off, of course). The noise is very steady and it sounds mechanical. It reminds me of the sound of image stabilization engaging in my 18-105 VR lens. I also tried turning image stabilization off in P7700 - no effect.

Now I am not sure if this is something new or if it has been there all the time. I think I would have noticed it before if it was there from the beginning.

Has anybody else noticed this noise/sound? To hear it clearly you need to be in a quiet room and  put your ear to the camera body, best position to hear it would be against the back of the body, with the LCD turned out of the way.

I've also got the impression since yesterday that the zooming of the lens has become a bit  slower than it used to be and that the sound of the motor while zooming is also changed. I know there are two different zooming modes in P7700, and it's not it. I am not sure about this zooming issue though, I might be imagining it, but somehow I don't think so...

Please comment.

Regards, T.

ANSWER:
Nikon Coolpix P7700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow