When is enough enough? Locked

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 18,009Gear list
We are not allowed....
In reply to Lights, Dec 28, 2012

Lights wrote:

I've been thiinking "kind" of along those lines. I mean most of the cameras are only surpassed at the extremes of usage by newer models. Most don't need extremely high ISO perfomance for most of our shots, or extremely high frame rates or etc. etc. Granted gear is interesting but if on a budget, food is interesting too. And most of us are on some kind of budget, like we're not going out and buying a Leica Monochrom, or medium format digital backs.

I kind of try to look at it like "well that's interesting" but realizing that there probably is pretty much a work around for my needs, that's a lot cheaper than the "treadmill" (although sometimes it's easy to get caught up in it)

I kind of agree with amarlic about art, that a book by a master...or study of a process would do much more than a new camera, if a person is interested in improving their photography..being critical of one's own work is a lot more productive, than being critical of gear.

to be critical on this forum.

Critical post get deleted......

and not just mine!

-- hide signature --

My Gallery is here -
http://www.pbase.com/madlights
Why so serious? :The Joker

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +9 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YawnNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow