Started Dec 19, 2012 | Questions thread
lasm
Contributing MemberPosts: 972Gear list
Like?
Re: Where to buy dp2m extra batteries?
In reply to davidevans1, Dec 28, 2012

davidevans1 wrote:

mmr wrote:

Get the Ricoh db-65. It's the same battery, just rebranded.

Can I double check please - is the Ricoh DB-65 for certain the same as the Sigma DB 41 battery for the DP1M and SP2M?

I'm in the UK, just taking delivery of a DP2M and there only seem to one retailer (Clifton Cameras) of the BP41 batteries in the whole UK, and they are at £49 each (against £41.26 recommended retail on the Sigma UK website!). That works out at £98 for a spare set of the two batteries included originally.

That's 25% more than a spare Leica M battery!!!

I've just found a UK source of reasonably priced Ricoh DB-65 batteries (whilst stocks last) so am double checking these are identical.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

David

Well it seems the answer is a bit tricky. So here is my three parts answer to this..

A) Some have reported that Ricoh DB-65 fits perfectly for the dpxm cameras.

Presumably these are the "genuine" Ricoh DB-65 replacement batteries.

B) Some vendors on ebay sell replacement Ricoh DB-65. They are cheap and are manufactured in China. However their dimensions does not exactly fit into the dpxm battery chamber, so you can't use them even though specs wise they are same as Sigma's batteries. If you don't mind some DIY to drill two holes at the corners, they will still work.

IF you click on the Flickr image, you can see the notes indicating the position of the two notches which do not fit perfectly as compared to the Sigma's battery.

C) Then again, there are yet some cheap batteries, from China, compatible with Sigma dpxm, and these batteries have no problem.

But the downside is, the websites are in Chinese ;-(

lasm's gear list:lasm's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow