Started Nov 19, 2012 | Questions thread
Tbolt47
Senior MemberPosts: 1,468Gear list
Like?
Exactly
In reply to rambler35, Dec 28, 2012

rambler35 wrote:

Noah,

Bearing in mind that all digital cameras capture the image data initially in raw form, I guess the real choice you have is either to have the camera itself convert it to a .jpeg file, or allow yourself the added potential benefits of using raw converter software.

If you're not confident you have the skills to make the necessary adjustments to make any improvements, then I suppose you should stick to in-camera .jpegs.

On the other hand, looking to the future, you may change your mind, your skills may eventually improve, raw converters will no doubt become more capable/user-friendly. And then, you might wish you had saved raw files of the most valuable photos you'd taken in the past !

Best of luck with your decision !

-- hide signature --

Richard --

I started shooting Jpeg only. Now I only shoot raw and wished that all my photos were raw.

Tbolt47's gear list:Tbolt47's gear list
Olympus E-620 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow