EM-5 vs Canon DSLR

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
sadwitch
Senior MemberPosts: 1,117
Like?
Re: EM-5 vs Canon DSLR
In reply to nydecoco1, Dec 28, 2012

For sheer quantity of lens selection, canon definitely wins no doubt, but really standout lenses are not many unless you're talking about the ZF lenses IMO.

And say if you're to build your lens collection in EF mount so that you get a upgrade path to full frame, you'll end up with the crop factor problem with a 7D eg, if you wish to get a wide zoom, you'll need to look at the 17-40 f4 L or 16-35 f2.8 which is more expensive than most lens in the m43 selection. Or if you stick to EFS mount you'll probably be looking at the 17-55mm F2.8IS which is a great lens but can't be mounted on canon's FF bodies.

I personally have shot with and own L lenses for a while which includes 17-35L f2.8, 70-200L f2.8 They are good but no where perfect. For EFS I've own and used the 10-22mm.... and for most of them, I find myself needing to stop down these lenses to get the sharpness and clarity I'm looking for.

Like many others have already mentioned, if your shooting style depends a lot on C-AF and tracking, its best you stick to canon or nikon DSLR system but to me, canon's AF is albeit fast, but not the most accurate in my experience. On top of that, I find myself needing more time to tune canon's jpeg to my liking.

Still different people have different needs, so I'll be best to try it out first and decide which system better suit your needs later.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow