Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trevor_S
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
A-99 and what 70-200 2.8 ?
Dec 28, 2012

Looking for some advice on the "best" 70-200 with some price consideration.  I did a bit of searching and reading but I may have missed a thread, as I am sure it would have been asked already ?

I  had thought the Sigma 70-200 Macro might be the pick as I can make use of the in-body OS but the glass seems nicer in the OS model if the dpreview review is anything to go by but is the price differential really worth it ? About $500 cheaper here in Aus.  At the price of the OS Sigma, it's not that big a leap to the Sony 70-200

The Sony 70-200 is a "bit" overpriced  ?

Tamron PQ seems okay but I am definitely going to need fast focusing, which was why I was leaning towards the Sigma.

Use is for whitewater kayaking (90 - 190mm mostly looking at previous shots), MTB (70 - 120mm mostly) racing mostly and a little road cycle racing.

Are there issues with the Sigma on the A99 ?

Any constructive advice appreciated

Trevor_S's gear list:Trevor_S's gear list
Nikon D300 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +5 more
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow