If you had $1500 to $2000 to spend for a desktop for CS6, what would you choose.?

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Questions thread
bellflier
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Re: If you had $1500 to $2000 to spend for a desktop for CS6, what would you choose.?
In reply to Brent Allen Thale, Dec 28, 2012

Bob. I had a bad experience with Dell many years ago, a rip off actually, and in searching for reviews on companies, they got better and now are again worse in support. I didn't rule them out, but would rather avoid them unless they had exactly what I wanted. I'm glad it's working out for you.

kelpdiver, thanks for the heads up on Puget Sounds. I'm so out of the loop that what you said about the graphics card is way over my head. I only know that there are a couple of new features that speed up a few filters with certain graphics cards.

Brent, if Puget doesn't have a choice of one of the cards recommended as compatible with CS6, I will have to go in a different direction. I sent an email asking a question and have the answer in my email box, but haven't read it yet.

The problem with choosing my own components is that I no longer can figure out what I want, so it will be easier to have fewer choices. I did follow your link and between that and the specs someone listed earlier, I would at least have some idea of what would work, if Puget didn't work out.

I can't tell you what a relief it is to have the input from this forum. I was so confused and now feel much more relaxed about choosing a new system!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow