Arca Swiss Z1 SP with RRS Quick Release Clamp. Possible???

Started Dec 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim van Heuven
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Arca Swiss Z1 SP with RRS Quick Release Clamp. Possible???
Dec 28, 2012

Dear All,

Planning to buy the Arca Swiss Z1 SP ball head to use with my Canon 1DX. I've read such a great things about the Arca Swiss Z1 (ball design and light weight) that I feel it's slightly better than the RRS BH-55 (although I'm sure I could live with both).

However I believe the Quick Release Clamp on the RRS has a better design compared to Arca Swiss and I think I prefer it also over the screw on design from Arca.

I think one can combine both systems, but I'm not sure. Can anyone advice me on that? (so I avoid buying wrong equipment).

Which model Arca Swiss Z1 SP should I buy (Monoball Z1 sp (Single Pan) Ballhead with 3/8" Screw or maybe the Monoball Z1 sp with Quick Release) and which model RRS Quick Release Clamp (B2 AS II clamp with 1/4-20 screw or the B2 AS II with M6 screw)?

Can you easily combine both or do I need loctite (blue/red) to combine them. If it's too tricky to do than I rather compromise and use one manufacturer.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow