ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
woolwich
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
A novice at studio lighting .. using a Lastolite hi lite background
Dec 28, 2012

Hello world,

I recently got one of these Lastolite hi lite illuminated background screen gizmo whotsits...

The picture attached is typical of the results I am getting...  this example is completely unedited apart from making it smaller for easier posting and converting from nef to jpg..    Obviously I can make it look roughly how it should with a bit of photoshop and cropping,  but it seems to me as if the backdrop is illuminating everything just a bit too much ??   or maybe the fault is elsewhere ?  I definitely have a lot to learn ...

I metered the background at f11 and the subject at f9   iso 100   125th sec  The Hilite was lit with a single calumet 200w .. also  Using one brolly flash beside the camera with calumet 200w

The setup was in my living room which is all I have and the ceiling is also white and at about 8ft ...

Apart from helpful and constructive criticism,  I am also interested in hearing if anyone can recommend a decent studio lighting workshop/seminar in the london or kent area

Thankyou .......... Chris

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow